This month Pinterest has rolled out the buy button. It has been rumored for a while and now Pinterest is ready to release it. But, before race to put the buy button on your site there are a few things you need to know!
- The button is not in wide release – Right now you have to sign up for the waiting list to get the buy button. It’s not a feature rolled out to everyone. The main reason I think they are doing it is to roll it out slowly to avoid massive problems with customers trying to buy. Smart move by Pinterest! Nothing worse than having disgruntled customers!
- Not Available on All E-Commerce Platforms – The two platforms they are working with are Shopify and Demandware. So if you are on other platforms you will have to wait till they get it in a wide roll out.
- Should Work Seamless – It should work seamless for customers and be an easy experience. All customers have to do is look for the blue price on the pin. The blue means it’s available for purchase. Pinterest is using ApplePay and other experienced payment processors.
- May Increase Web Traffic – If you have a great Pinterest presence you may get an increase in traffic from customers who like your pins. If they love everything they see they may be more likely to click through and explore your site.
- Its Free to Use – Pinterest isn’t taking a cut of buyable pins. All brands are still responsible for shipping and customer service. Because of this they are working with brands that have high customer service standards.
The service should be rolled out to larger group of brands soon! If you are interested in learning more about the Buy Button, see the Buy Button post on the Pinterest for business blog.