You have an Instagram account, now what do you do? Instagram is my favorite social network. I have said it before, but it’s a service that just makes you happy when you go on the service. People are usually sharing happy things such as vacations, sunsets, food and more! The only thing you need to participate is a smart phone or tablet.
So do you break out your phone and start snapping pictures left and right and just posting? No, share things you and your followers find interesting. This doesn’t mean it has to be focused solely on your brands products or services. It needs to be about the brand personality. Your brand is like a person. That’s the way many people see your brand. If you haven’t found your brand voice, take a break and figure it out before going any further.
Now that you have your brand voice start focusing on this that enforce that point of view. So what can be your content on Instagram:
- Your Products/Service – But don’t make it boring product shots do something different than studio shots
- Events – Show events your business is hosting or attending. Keep it fun and light. Note, try to stay away from drinking pictures. It could cause issues later!
- Showcase your Employees – Show employees having a good time at work or at a volunteering event. Your company wouldn’t be where it is without great employees
- Create Pictures for social – Some of the most fun pictures on the network are ones created for social media. One of my favorite accounts is for Whataburger. They have fun with social in general.
- User Generated Content – Share your fans pictures of your brand. First, make sure you get permission. Then use an app such as Repost. If they send you the picture to repost make sure you tag them in the post.
These are just a few example. If you are new to the service get a personal account. Discover the fun of taking pictures and sharing them. After a while you will see how you can use the service at your business.
After you have been on the service a while for business look at your analytics. You don’t have to do anything too in-depth. Just keep track of pictures that get a more likes than an average try to take more pics on the topic. But remember don’t force things in any social and have fun!