One of the most asked questions in small businesses is, “When is the best time to post?” The answer we give most is “It depends.” I know many companies hate this answer, but it does depend on when your followers are online. Most social media sites give businesses a “When your followers are online” section. You can see when they are the most active. However, if you are new to the world of social, Sprout social (a social media tool) publishes its study of the best times to post on social. Here are those Results.
A word of wisdom, these are great to start but always check your analytics. Then see if these match up with when you visit the most people.
Best Time to Post Overall
- Best times to post on social media overall: Tuesdays through Thursdays at 9 a.m. or 10 a.m.
- Best days to post on social media: Tuesdays through Thursdays
- Worst days to post on social media: Sundays
Best Times to Post on Facebook
- Best times to post on Facebook: Mondays through Fridays at 3 a.m., Tuesdays at 10 a.m. and noon
- Best days to post on Facebook: Tuesdays through Fridays
- Worst days to post on Facebook: Saturdays
Best Times to post on Instagram
- Best times to post on Instagram: Mondays at 11 a.m., Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., and Thursdays and Fridays 10 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- Best days to post on Instagram: Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Worst days to post on Instagram: Sundays
Best times to Post on Twitter
- Best times to post on Twitter: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 9 a.m.
- Best days to post on Twitter: Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Worst days to post on Twitter: Sundays
Best times to post on LinkedIn
- Best times to post on LinkedIn: Tuesdays 10 a.m. to noon
- Best days to post on LinkedIn: Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Worst days to post on LinkedIn: Saturdays and Sundays
This study will help you develop a starting strategy and grow as you gain more data.