I will admit I love iOS Devices. I try to keep the blog a little more centered. However, that said I do tend to skew more towards iOS since that is what I use most often. I have a Nexus 7 tablet that I use from time to time. This makes me aware of the differences and capabilities of both. That being said, this post is about the new iPad Pro 9.7 Inch screen.
The iPad I think is a game changer for small businesses. We are reaching the point where you can run an entire business on a tablet for phone. Apple made some major improvements to the hardware.
A few of the new features according to Apple:
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro features advanced display technologies, including a True Tone display, which uses new four-channel sensors to dynamically adjust the white balance of the display to match the light around you for a more natural and accurate, paper-white viewing experience.
- The advanced Retina display is 25 percent brighter and 40 percent less reflective than iPad Air® 2
- The powerful A9X chip with third-generation 64-bit architecture provides performance that rivals many laptops and console-class graphics, while also delivering all-day battery life
- iPad Pro has an advanced 12-megapixel iSight camera sensor featuring Focus Pixels for fast focusing, an Apple-designed image signal processor, advanced noise reduction, third-generation local tone mapping and better face detection, all resulting in sharp, detailed images, 63-megapixel panoramas and Live Photos.
- The new iSight camera shoots 4K video, making the new iPad Pro the perfect device to shoot, edit and share pro-quality video
- The new Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader and Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter make it easy to download photos and videos from a digital camera to iPad Pro, while a new Lightning to USB-C Cable and Apple’s 29W USB-C Power Adapter enable faster charging
- Advanced sensors in Apple Pencil measure both pressure and tilt for a natural drawing, annotating and note-taking experience
Those are the standard press release speak from Apple. All of those things are amazing but let’s put it into plain speak. This is why I think it will be a great device for small business.
- The iPad has less glare and brighter display . Making it easier to read and work on
- True Tone display to match ambient light to closer match a piece of paper. It can tell where you and an adjust accordingly.
- The camera is now upgraded to a 12 Megapixel camera. The camera has been lacking in many of the previous cameras. This brings it on par with the iPhone 6S.
- Video can now be recorded in 4K. This will be a great tool for framing and editing video. The display won’t display 4K content but the size should give you a sample of the video.
- New Camera Adapter is awesome. It may sound strange to get excited about a camera adapter. In the new adapter you can plug in a range of different USB devices. The main one is you can now put an ethernet port on the iPad. Crazy right? This solves problems when there is no Wi-Fi available or you are on a VPN ethernet access. I hope this opens up a world of new possilbities on the iPad.
- The Apple Pencil – I haven’t had the opportunity to play with the pencil. People I know who have said it’s the best Stylus for the iPad. You can write and draw. One of my biggest complaints about using a stylus with just about anything, is your hand! The way your hand rests on the glass it causes interference. The new iPad takes into account your hand and doesn’t let it affect the input.
This is just a few reasons I think the iPad Pro is going to be a game changer fro small businesses.
Pictures furnished by Apple