WordSwag has had one of it’s biggest updates! They have added a ton of new things! First, let me say that I haven’t used WordSwag as much as I used too. I have been using a few apps that make it easy to resize or create social media graphics. Currently WordSwag only does a square. This is less important now that Twitter is showing all sizes of pictures.
What is New in WordSwag?
Here is a quick run down:
- 12 new hand-designed font styles
- Gold Foil Text
- Watercolor Text
- 108 new backgrounds expandable to 590,000 rom Pixabay
- 16 New Image filters
- New Quotes
What are the best new features?
There are a few things i love about this new update
- 12 New font styles – the new font styles are all top notch. They are great additions to the font styles that they have had from the beginning. These take the app to the next level. I think they are a big more refined and I can already see a few of these becoming my new favorites.
- Gold Foil Text – I know this my sound hokey. This is a feature I haven’t seen in other apps. You will need to use this feature sparingly. It can be seen as gaudy or over the top. However, the time when you need gold its there for you. It’s done quite well for big sections too. I tested it out and it doesn’t look tiled or pieced together. They did a great job on this feature.
- New Backgrounds – The new backgrounds are an improvement over the original. This maybe I used the app so much that I just got used to the ones previously loaded. They have a good mix of pictures from sky/clouds, architecture, nature and more. I see myself using the app more because of these pictures.
Things I would love to see in a future update
This update is a huge one for me. It will allow me to use the app a lot more than I have been using. It was the first app I ever found to do graphics for social media. WordSwag holds a special place in my heart. It is one I will always have and use. But that doesn’t mean it can’t use a few new features. Here are a few features I wish they would add:
- Resize pictures into different sizes – Not be limited to square pictures
- Creation of a shadow behind the text – make the text easier to read
- Option for opacity of the image – aids in design and text readability
Would I still recommend the App. Without a doubt I would. The price of the app makes it very much worth the price. I have made my money’s worth over the last year with the app! I think you will find the updates a good addition as well. If you haven’t bought the app consider it, I don’t think you will regret it.